Facts and FiguresInvestor's GuideForeign TradeMunicipality ProfilesSpecial ProjectsConsumer WebLibraryContacts in CebuAbout DTI Cebu

HomeLinksEmail
 

Cebu Map
Compostela
Lapulapu City
Lilioan
San Fernando
Tabogon
Tabuelan
Tudela




Geography | Demography | Infrastructure | Financial | Trade & Industry

    Geographical Location

The Municipality of Alcoy is approximately 93 kms. South of Cebu City. It is bounded on the North by the Municipality of Dalaguete; in the South by the Municipality of Boljoon, on the West by the Municipalities of Alegria and Badian, and on the East by Bohol Strait.

Class : 5th
Annual Income: P 5,373,915.88
No. of Barangays: 8
Total Land Area: 4,981.457 Has.

Land Classification as of 1994:       
Arable Area: -
Residential : -
Commercial : -
Industrial : -
Certified Alienable /Disposable Land: 1,306.04 Has.
Reservation/Timberland: 4,219.00 Has.
Wildlife/Military Reserve Land : -
Unclassified Forest Land/Wilderness : -
National Parks/Playgrounds : 1.3398 Has.

Topography:
Generally rugged terrain with extensive plain only in Nug-as and sitio Datag, Daanglungsod. Due to the genrally steep slope, 78% of the total land area Alcoy is flooding hazard, the remaining 22 % is moderate.


Climate :
Tropical rain forest type. Uniform high temperature and heavy precipitation throughout the year.


Soil Type :
Faraon Clay

 

    Demography  

Population: (Latest NCSO Survey-1990) 10,485 Kms.
Labor Force: 5,505 Kms.

    Infrastructure and Utilities Road Network  

National Road: 7.95 Kms.
Provincial Road: 11.50 Kms.
Municipal Road : 3.29 Kms.
Barangay Road : 25.25 Kms.
Ports (Domestic/International): 1
Airport (If any): none
Schools (Public & Private)
   
 Elementary: 4
  
  High Schools: 1
  
  Vocational: none
 
   College: -
Public Library: -
Public Market: 2
Multi-purpose Building: 4
Recreation Courts/Centers : 8
Hospital 1
Transportation Services
    No. of Buses: -
    No. of Jeepneys : 3
    No.of Tricycles: 10
    No. of Trisicads: -
Communications
    No. of Post Office: 1
    No. of Telephone Stations: 1
    No. of Telex Services: -
    No. of Telegraphic Stations: 1
Power
    Source of Electricity: CEBECO
    No. of Barangay Served: 6
    No. Household Served: 476
Water
     Source of Water: Poblacion Water System

    Financial Intermediariesk  

No. of Commercial Banks and Money Shops: none
No. of Government Banks: -
No. of Savings Banks: -
No. of Rural Banks: -
No. of Lending/Financing Institutions: 2
No. of Cooperatives within the area: 3

    Trade and Industry  

Commercial   Establishments  

Type of Business   No. of Establishments

Sari-sari Stores 78
Restaurants & Cafeterias 7
Fresh Fish & Meal Retailers 2
General Merchandising -
Service and Repair Shops 1
Tailoring & Dress Shops -
Pawnshops & Lending Investments none
Lumber and Hardwares 1
Pharmacies and Drug Stores -
Marketing Firms (Appliance, Furniture, etc.) none
Gasoline Stations -
Bakeries 2
Photo Shops & Beauty Parlors -
Mining and Quarrying 1
Wholesale and Retail 1


Raw materials available within the area:

1. Dolomite Ore
2. Guano Limestone
3. Coco Midrib

Existing Skills Available

1. Carpentry                             
2. Mat/Basket Weaving             
3. Masonry                               
4. Welding                                 
5. Tailoring                          
6. Farming
7. Fishing
8. Dress Making
9. Coco Midrib Weaving
10. Tailoring


Geography | Demography | Infrastructure | Financial | Trade & Industry

 

  

 


 
contact links home